Thursday 27 December 2012

Snowmageddon 2012

Hi guys! Today my boss told me to go home early because we were having a muh-fu'in blizzard up in this bitch! I got up this morning and looked outside to find everything snowed in. Luckily I live literally (yeah, literally, not figuratively) only 200 meters away from a metro station. (That's a little over 200 yards for all you imperial bastards.) And, when I get out at Place-Des-Arts downtown, I walk in the underground and exit at the Complexe Guy Favreau and I have roughly 400 meters to walk outside. So, getting to work was pretty easy. I took the opportunity to take a few shots just to show you guys what a Canadian winter should look like. I say should because we haven't been getting a lot of snow these past couple of years, but this is really what it used to be like about 20 years ago.

Walking to work I took a couple of pictures just to show you guys what it was like. Here's a beautiful view of René Lévesque boulevard, looking west with all the buildings downtown. It looked pretty amazing with all the snow everywhere.


Of course, from the office I had an amazing view of the Palais des Congrès and the buildings in Old Montréal. The blizzard looked frighteningly beautiful from up there.


In the afternoon, my boss sent everyone an email telling us that because the snow storm was coming down so strong we were encouraged to leave at 3pm so we can get home in time. Everyone comes in to work by public transportation, thankfully, but some had reported that their spouse who usually drive 20 minutes to get home from work took over two hours to get back home! Some highways were even closed in some areas. When I left the office, the storm didn't really slow down that much. But, as you can see from this picture it was slightly better.


I asked someone to take a picture of me next to a snowbank just to give you an idea of how much snow there was. Check me out! I'm waving!


When I finally got home the snow was down to just a fine powder. Of course my apartment building entrance was covered in snow. My landlady shoveled some of it, but it was in vain since the snow filled up the entrance all over again. And my car was completely snowed in. I spent about an hour shovelling this white crap. And I'm sure there's going to be more of it anyway so I'll have to start over again probably.


I swear, there was so much snow, it literally went as high up as my waist! Literally! See?

I'M FREEZIN' MAH BALLS OVER HERE!

After shovelling the entrance and my car, I was wet from the snow and all sweaty and I was starting to get cold so I just went in and made myself a hot cup of cocoa. Fuck this. I'm staying inside and there's nothing that's going to get me out of my apartment. Not even a fire. I'd rather cook in here and end up like bacon than to freeze my balls out it this stupid weather. By the way, did I mention that I'm selling snow? Yeah! we have an overstock right now so we have this limited time offer! Hell! I have so much snow I'll even PAY YOU to take it! Remember it's a limited time offer!

Anyway, here are the real pictures of downtown that I took today. It's pretty intense,

René Lévesque

The view from the office

No comments:

Post a Comment