Wednesday 13 June 2012

The Walking Dead

My knee is hurting again, I'll need to see a doctor about this real soon because it's really worrying me. I think it might be because of the path I take to walk around. Climbing up the plateau is not a problem, I think coming back down is what's hurting me. When walking downhill I tend to over extend my left leg and the shock gets absorbed by the knee. My left leg is also my support leg which I use the most to stand on. I really should get this fixed. I mean you never know when you might need to run away from a horde of zombies. You should always be ready for a zombie apocalypse. Especially with what's been happening lately.

Speaking of zombies, and since this blog is about walking, I'd like to mention that I started watching The Walking Dead. Now, I don't have cable at home so I watch my TV series through... other... means. (Like at a friend's place, or I buy the DVD box set, DUH! What you thought I'd pirate the damn thing? Sheesh!) The last time I enjoyed a TV series was when I watched Heroes, and we all remember how that ended. I think I tried watching the V reboot but quickly lost interest as it was in NO WAY as bad ass as the original 80's series.

Over 25 years later I still have nightmares about that scene!

I found The Walking Dead to be quite good after watching the first season. This series has a lot of potential. What really got me interested was that the story takes place in Atlanta, the hometown of a friend of mine. The series starts with a policeman who gets shot and goes in a coma for a long time. When he wakes up he discovers that he's completely alone in the hospital surrounded by rotting dead bodies everywhere and signs of gunfights and bullet holes all over the place. He goes outside and finds more bodies and abandoned military vehicles everywhere. The whole place looks like a post-apocalyptic war zone. He decides to go to his home to check if his wife and kids are alive and on his way there he crosses a park and meets his first zombie: some pitiful looking body cut in half, guts hanging out, face all rotten.

I swear I almost shit my britches when that thing started moving. Man, I'm weak.

He panics and just can't understand what's going on. I mean I would totally shit bricks seeing something like this. He runs home, finds it empty and eventually gets picked up by a man and his son who explain to him everything that happened. And that's when the action really starts.


 I honestly have not watched a good series like this one in a long time. I guess tonight I'm gonna take a little break from walking, rub my knee with some pain relief creme and lie in front of the TV and continue on with the second season.

No comments:

Post a Comment