Monday 25 June 2012

Slow day off for Saint-Jean-Baptiste.

Today I had the day off so I bummed around the plateau to get my mind off things. It was a beautiful day where it was neither too hot or too cold.

I decided to stop at Chez José, Cuisine de Quartier, on Duluth street for a tasty spicy chicken, cucumber and avocado sandwich and a glass of home made juice from fresh squeezed fruits as an early dinner. The juice was called the Vampire and was made up of strawberries, raspberries and cranberries. Mm-mmm!

You're jealous, aren't you?

Afterwards I saw a place called Fuchsia that sells what seemed to be dried flowers for teas and infusions along with some food. Just by standing in the door to look inside through the glass I could smell all the flowers inside. The place looks nice, but I'm curious to know what their specialty is exactly. Hmmm...


Looks like an apothecary.

Nice couch!

Oh hey! Look! It's one of Montreal's famous potholes! I swear this is getting ridiculous. A friend of mine almost killed himself one night as he was biking back home. It was dark and he didn't see the hole. His bike dove in and got stuck and he just flew over the handlebars, severely hurting his shoulder.


And that one's nothing, you should see the one on Sherbrooke near McGill College!

For a fee, you can have a tour guide take you down for some cave exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment